We work closely with community members, leaders, service providers, and law enforcement to raise awareness about domestic violence and sexual assault in our North Brooklyn communities. Our comprehensive advocate trainings are geared towards service providers, interns, and volunteers with the aim of educating participants about trauma-informed and victim-centered ways of responding to and supporting survivors. Our community workshops engage community members in conversations about preventing and addressing domestic violence and sexual assault.
All trainings and workshops are provided free of charge. To request more information or schedule a training session, email us at email@example.com or use the Contact form at the bottom of this page.
For Community Members
Workshops on topics including:
- Domestic Violence Facts and How to Help Victims
- Sexual Assault Facts and How to Help Victims
- Elder Abuse Facts and How to Help Victims
For Service Providers, Volunteers and Students
Our victim-advocate trainings were developed for advocates supporting survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. If you are interested in scheduling a training, you can choose from the list below and request a trainer to come to your agency/location by using the link at the bottom of the page. The training modules available are as follows:
- Domestic Violence History, Facts and Basic Concepts of Domestic Violence
- Sexual Assault 101 – Definitions, Statistics, Trauma and the Brain, Victim Responses and Trauma-Informed Advocacy Skills
- Intervention Skills for Working with Victims: Client Centered Practice and
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Risk Assessment & Safety Planning
- Abuser Profile & Batterer Intervention Services
- Child Advocacy Basics
- Teen Dating Violence Basics
- Race, Privilege and Cultural Consciousness
- Elder Abuse Basics and Advocacy
- Unique populations – LGBTQ and Immigrant Victims,
- Domestic Violence, Mental Health, Substance Abuse Issues
- Domestic Violence, STD, HIV/AIDS
- Legal Issues Related to Domestic Violence
- Advocacy, Referrals and Domestic Violence Ethics
- Self-Care and Vicarious Trauma
For Law Enforcement
We provide local NYPD Precincts with Training on topics such as:
- Trauma-informed, victim-centered response
- Domestic Violence Basics
- Sexual Assault Basics
- Elder Abuse Basics
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Contact us using the form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how we can help you.